Our Accelerated Nursing Program
Looking for an accelerated online nursing program in Nevada that allows for flexibility?
Roseman’s online second bachelor’s degree program in nursing may be your answer.
Roseman’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is for individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a non-nursing major from a regionally accredited, U.S.-based college or university. Foreign coursework is also accepted. The more than 70-credit curriculum encompasses online theoretical course work and nearly 1,000 hours of hands-on clinical work.
The program is not located on the main Roseman campus. Instead, the program is in a conveniently located off-site facility where you will take examinations and complete your faculty-supervised hands-on practice in a state-of-the-art simulation lab. Your clinicals will be completed at local healthcare facilities where, at the end of the program, you will work with preceptors to provide you with a more intensive clinical experience and an opportunity for you to refine your clinical skills.
Graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN in preparation for licensure as a Registered Nurse, and are also be able to apply for graduate programs of study in nursing.
- Flexible, accelerated 15-month program of concentrated study
- Class discussions, presentations, modules and related materials are accessible 24/7 from the comfort and convenience of your own home or other location of your choice
- Hands-on lab work is completed in a new and modern simulation lab where you can learn and practice with faculty supervision and feedback in such areas as fundamental skills, health assessment and community health
- Credentialed faculty on site to assist with lab, didactic, and clinical learning
- Special scholarships may be available for eligible students
Interactive, not independent
Roseman’s ABSN program is a unique interactive experience. Similar to a traditional class, you will work and interact with a group of other students guided by a faculty member. You will have assignments, assessments and projects, and, because it’s online, you are able to complete your work anytime and anywhere that’s convenient for you so long as you meet instructor-designated deadlines. You will have attention by staff and faculty, with advisement via telephone, email or online chat in addition to virtual and on site faculty office hours.
What you will learn:
- Critical thinking and core knowledge related to health assessment, pharmacology and clinical interventions and procedures.
- Health promotion, risk reduction and disease prevention.
- Community and global healthcare issues
- Illness and disease management
- Information and healthcare technology
- Healthcare ethics
- Cultural diversity
- Healthcare systems, policy and law
- Inter-disciplinary care
- Research and evidence-based practice
- Health education and advocacy
Getting clinical: your on-site classroom
Clinical rotations are completed in such areas as medical surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, gerontology, psychiatric/mental health and leadership/management.
Accreditation and approval
The Roseman Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC) and approved by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.