The Admissions Process
Roseman’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program representatives strive to make the application process as quick and efficient as possible.
To begin the application process, please contact a program advisor. A program advisor may be reached at 877-885-8399 or by completing a program inquiry form.
After a program advisor has indicated to move forward with the application process, download the application for admission,
An application fee of $100 is required to process an application.
Payment of application fees may be made by:
- Submitting a money order made payable to Roseman University of Health Sciences along with the application.
- Contacting the Bursar’s Office to make a credit card payment.
Please note: The College of Nursing application fee is a separate fee and is IN ADDITION to the fees that will be charged by Nursing CAS. An application will not be processed until an application fee is submitted.
DOCUMENTS TO ACCOMPANY APPLICATION
1. Unofficial Transcripts and/or Proof of Enrollment
- It is recommended that unofficial transcripts are submitted with the application; however, official transcripts from all institutions attended must be received before an interview can be scheduled.
- The College of Nursing will accept applications with coursework in progress; however, documentation must be received to verify that the courses are currently in progress. Acceptable documentation of in-progress courses includes an official transcript, unofficial transcript or a copy of the registration and payment for those courses. Failure to provide documentation of coursework in progress will cause a delay in the application review process.
2. Additional documentation, if applicable, must be received by the College of Nursing to further process your application. Applications will not be reviewed until applicable documentation is received. If an applicant:
- Has had a name change - submit name change documents (court order, marriage certificate, naturalization certificate)
- Is an International Student - submit a copy of your International Student Visa
- Is a Permanent Resident - submit a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card
- Is in the U.S. on a conditional entrance other than a student Visa - submit a copy of your other Visa, unexpired Passport or Department of Homeland Security form which reflects a conditional entrance into the United States or change in US Citizenship status.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND TEST RESULTS
Please have the following official documents mailed directly to the College of Nursing by the appropriate and applicable institutions and organizations
1. Official Transcripts from ALL Universities or Colleges attended
Please contact all institutions attended to request official transcripts.
- The College of Nursing must receive official transcripts within one (1) month after an application has been submitted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide the College of Nursing with updated transcripts as necessary to document the successful completion of additional prerequisite coursework.
- Official transcripts must be:
- Sent directly from the institution attended – Transcripts received from or mailed by the student will be considered unofficial,
- Dated within the last 12-months, and
- Received in its original sealed envelope
- Results must be sent to the College of Nursing directly from ATI. Copies/hand carried documents will not be accepted as official. Test scores must be dated within the past 12 months.
- If an applicant wishes to take the TEAS test at a Roseman University campus, the applicant should contact the College of Nursing Admissions and Enrollment Office or call 702-628-9062 to request an updated TEAS schedule.
- TEAS test results are required to determine eligibility for an interview.
- Minimum scores are determined on an annual basis according to the National Program Mean in each area as determined by ATI. Please contact a Program Advisor to determine the current minimum required scores.
- The TEAS exam may not be taken more than 3 times in a calendar year and there must be no less than a 6-week interval between TEAS exams.
- Version V of the TEAS is required.
3. Evaluation of Foreign Coursework, if attended a non-U.S. College or University
In order to have coursework from a non-U.S. college or university considered, the applicant must submit transcript evaluations from either (WES) World Education Services or (JSA) Josef Silny and Associates with the application. Evaluations must be received in an official sealed envelope from the Evaluating Service.
World Education Services (WES),
Bowling Green Station
P. O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Josef Silny & Associates (JSA)
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
If you have an evaluation from another organization other than WES or JSA, please contact the Nursing Admissions and Enrollment Office to determine if the evaluation is acceptable.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- TOEFL results are required if the ABSN applicant has not completed a year-long series of English Composition courses (6 semester credits) or at least 4 semesters at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
- Applicants must achieve a score of at least 550 on the paper based, 213 on the computer based and 79 on the internet based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and must submit documentation of these scores with their applications. Please use the Roseman University of Health Sciences TOEFL code 446.3 when requesting this educational testing service. TOEFL scores must be mailed directly to the Roseman University of Health Sciences.
5. Official Credit-By-Examination Coursework
- Applicants must meet the minimum score requirements to receive credit.
- Credit-by-examination coursework for science courses are not accepted.
- If minimum scores are met, a grade of “C” and 3 credits are awarded.
- Credit by Examination programs other than College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or Advanced Placement (AP) Program may be accepted. The College of Nursing will review other credit-by-examination programs on a case by case basis.
Please contact the Nursing Admissions and Enrollment Office on additional information on acceptable credit-by-examination coursework.
Please have all official documentation mailed to:
ROSEMAN-College of Nursing
Admissions & Enrollment Office
11 Sunset Way
Henderson, NV 89014